As a senior practitioner and lecturer of traditional Chinese medicine and acupuncture, Dr. Shanna Zhang is glad you have come to her clinical education section of the website. Dr. Shanna Zhang
- has over 31 years of hospital and clinic experience in Acupuncture and Chinese Medicine;
- holds MD in Oriental Medicine from China;
- holds Ph D in Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine from China;
- is Nationally Certified in Acupuncture;
- is Missouri Licensed Acupuncturist; An Oriental Medical Doctor;
- Practice including Internship, Medical Residency, Medical Fellowship, and Attending physician positions;
- has great experience in treating mental disorder (depression, anxiety, stress, dementia, etc.), gynaecology, immune disorders, pain, women’s health (irregular periods, PMS, menopause, fertility, etc.), skin conditions (rejuvenation, acne, eczema, psoriasis), allergy, and more .
To view her complete profile, click here
She would like to pass on her experience to the next generation of TCM practitioners, to mentor students and graduates with professional skills to benefit the community.
Students who have successfully received training from our clinic may be offered further work experience at Authentic Oriental Healthcare Center - Acupuncture and Chinese Herbal Medicine in St. Louis.
Our clinic offers you the opportunity learn more about Chinese medicine from observing real cases and treatments in our clinic.
The clinical observation and training is not only suitable for Chinese medicine practitioners and students, but also for medical, allied and complementary health practitioners who have an interest in traditional acupuncture, Chinese medicine, and Chinese massage (Tui Na).
- Medical Acupuncture (医学针灸)
- Auricular Acupuncture (耳针)
- Cupping (拔罐)
- Acupressure (指压按摩)
- Trigger point therapy (触发点治疗)
- Electro-Stimulation Acupuncture(电刺激针灸)
- Massage or Asian Bodywork (按摩)
- Scalp Acupuncture (头针)
- Moxibustion (艾灸)
- Chinese Herbal Treatment (中药治疗)
- Gua Sha (Scraping therapy) (刮痧)
- Infrared (heat) therapy (红外治疗)
- Fertility, Weight Loss, Allergies
- All types of pain concerns (back, neck, shoulders, tennis elbow, sciatica)
- Headaches & migraines
- Muscle spasms, sprains, & strains
- Gastrointestinal Problems (IBS, constipation, diarrhea, bloating)
- Common cold symptoms (sneezing, congestion, foggy headed)
- Emotional and Sleep Issues (Anxiety, Depression, Insomnia, Chronic Fatigue)
- and more
Seminars: Traditional Chinese Medicine Clinical CPD Seminars conducted by senior practitioner and lecturer Dr. Shanna Zhang, our clinic seminar program provides continuing professional development and clinical training to our team of practitioners.
Observation: Our clinic offers a clinical observation program for Chinese medicine students and graduate practitioners. You will be with senior practitioners in the Clinic to observe a consultation, diagnosis and corresponding treatment. Depending on your level of TCM education and experience, you may be involved in some of the treatments during your observation time.
Our clinic currently offers the following range of education and training programs:
- A series of workshops and seminars throughout the year which cover TCM theory and clinical practice. Our seminars integrate Chinese herbal medicine, acupuncture, cupping, scrubbing, massage and diet therapy in the treatment of common diseases.
- Our clinic offers TCM students the opportunity to observe our senior practitioners in consultation and treatment, providing additional external student clinic hours.
- Our clinic also offers qualified practitioners observation and clinical practice with our senior practitioners, to gain more experience.
- For TCM students, we also have work opportunities available as a clinic assistant.
External practitioners and students who are interested in attending our training seminars are welcome to contact us by email at
Dr. Shanna Zhang – Licensed Acupuncturist & Chinese Medical Doctor
Expert in Acupuncture and Chinese Herbal Medicine in St. Louis
Our Acupuncture & Chinese Herbal Medicine Health Center also Provides
Massage or Asian Bodywork,
Chinese Herbal Treatment,
Gua Sha (Scraping therapy),
Infrared (heat) therapy...
Our Accupuncturist & Oriental Doctor Specializes in
We Provide Acupuncture For Weight Loss
Acupuncture and Chinese herbs can be your key to healthy weight loss by
promoting optimal digestion
regulating obesity-related hormones and enhancing the way nutrients are used,
and targeting fat loss in specific problem areas.
We Provide Acupuncture & Chinese Herbs for Mental Health
We Provide Acupuncture and Chinese Herbs for Women's Health
Menopausal symptoms / menopause,
Common Illness Managed through Our Acupuncture & Chinese Medicine
Anxiety, Depression and Insomnia;
Allergies and Asthma / Hay Fever;
Diabetes, Blood Pressure and Lipid Disorders;
Diet, Exercise and Weight Management;
Digestive Disorders including IBS;
TMJ Pain Syndrome;
Our Acupuncture & Chinese Herbal Medicine Health Center Provides
Trigger point therapy,
News, Posts, Read About
6744 Clayton Rd, Suite 202
St. Louis , MO 63117
Call or Email